Friday 7 April 2017

Nike Free 5.0 - Protected Flexibility

On arrival one could not help but being very curious about what the word Free could possibly mean in a context of sneakers. Flexibility was advertised as one of its main features, but how does it actually manifest in a shoe, a sneaker? Another argument for it was that it enhances the feeling of running barefoot, however with protected feet. For a person like myself whom has worn sneakers since i started to wear shoes (literally, my first pairs were baby Nike runners 1984), the idea of buying shoes for a barefoot feeling was a bit confusing.

“Flexibility was advertised as one of its main features, but how does it actually manifest in a shoe, a sneaker?”
Fortunately I still gave the Nike Free 5.0 a serious chance, despite my own doubts and the previous doubt I have had in the past and suddenly, my doubts were blown away with the wind. The Nike Free 5.0 is the more protected and cushioned version, as the Nike Free 3.0 is the further enhanced barefoot-like version. Nike’s commercials promoting protected and flexible runners were actually quite accurate, and several unexpected pro’s were added to Nike’s own promises in my own experience.
“Nike’s commercials promoting protected and flexible runners were actually quite accurate, and several unexpected pro’s were added to Nike’s own promises in my own experience.”
After a first tryout of the Nike Free 5.0 on my favorised running track, the Free 5.0’s has replaced my old runners and has become my standard runners. The previous mentioned pro’s of the Free 5.0 are their ability to strengthen smaller muscles on my feet and around the knees as well as improving my balance over time. This, of course becomes quite a ‘getting-used-to’ curve that challenges muscles that with normal runners hardly get used, therefore one should expect myalgia when getting used to the Free 5.0’s. The con’s of the Free 5.0’s are that gravel some times get stuck in the flexible mid/outsole and affect the cushioning properties. However, in this highly competitive market of runners the Free 5.0’s are outstanding in performance and for its additional stimulation of feet and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment